Dec 15, 2012

To my Galway family

I love these two...but they're a little camera-shy.
To my dear Galway family:

Oh, gosh...I'm crying already :P

Business first: I'm leaving for Shannon around 6 pm tonight with M and R, and will hang out there until my first flight (to Manchester) leaves at 7 am tomorrow. I'll have two hours there and then it's 8 more to JFK...so if all goes well, I'll be in New York by 1:40 pm on Sunday (6:40 pm Galway time).

Now that that's out of the way...look, you all know by now that I like to write. And usually, I can find words. But in this case, words really aren't enough. Still, let me try...


Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for your willingness to treat me like one of your own, for the way you've opened your homes and hearts to me. I thought I was going to go abroad, finish my studies and just go home quietly...but you all have given me a reason to want to come back.

Thank you for taking care of me, especially during the past month-and-a-half...for understanding, for mourning with me, for just being there, for pointing me back to Christ when I've wandered, for your many kindnesses (especially the hugs. In case you haven't noticed by now, I really like hugs.) Although this pain is deep and not leaving me anytime soon, I'm overwhelmed that Jesus thought to put me among all of you...each of you, in your own way, has been a real gift to me.

I'm humbled that you've prayed (and still pray) for me, dear friends. As your own needs arise, will you let me know so I can continue to do the same for you? (You can catch me here or by e-mail - let me know if you'd like my e-mail address and I'll message it to you.)

No, words really aren't enough...and I could keep writing, but you'd be here for hours :)

But if any of you ever find yourselves near New York, I'm not giving you the choice - you will call me :) and I'll try to make you feel as welcome in my home as you've done for me. I love you all so very much, and miss you already...

♥ ♥ ♥
Sonika

No comments:

Post a Comment